Typically, little thought is given to the most effective use of the valuable grounds around senior residences.
Imagine, how the landscape around your facility could perform and appeal if the elements on the right were carefully combined to become a wellness playground.
- swings and see-saws
- walking paths, with ramps, steps, arches, and reflexology sections
- multi-person, face-to-face exercise equipment focused on balance, muscle tone. cardiovascular activity, fine motor skills, and range of motion
- game tables for cards, board games, ping-pong, and jacks
- basketball hoops, bocce, horseshoes, or other tossing games
- touch-screen computers with games for brain exercise and dexterity
- conversational nooks and peaceful seating
- attractive small and large shelters
- raised and in-ground gardens
- water features
- acoustic spaces for playing and listening to music and readings
- murals and sculptures
- thoughtful use of color